We are extremely concerned to protect your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all users of our site are quite rightly concerned to know that their data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not fall into the hands of a third party. Our policy is both specific and strict. If you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy, do please tell us.
We do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected at this site. If this policy should change in the future then we shall provide notification in advance and the opportunity for all users to indicate whether or not they would prefer that we do not provide the information to third parties as proposed.
Here is a list of the information we collect, and why it is necessary to collect it:
1. Basic identification and contact information
such as your name and contact details. This information is used:
- 1.1 to provide you with the services which you request;
- 1.2 to maintain our accounts;
- 1.3 for billing;
- 1.4 to enable us to answer your enquiries;
- 1.5 for verifying your identity for security purposes;
- 1.6 for marketing our services and products;
- 1.7 to help make our web site as useful to you as possible;
- 1.8 information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us or third parties, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service.
2. Your domain name and email address are recognised by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded.
This information is used:
- 2.1 in a collective way not referable to any particular individual, for the purpose of quality control and improvement of our site;
- 2.2 to send you news about the services to which you have signed up;
- 2.3 to tell you about other of our services.
3. Information volunteered by you
for a particular purpose, for example a personal profile, survey, job application form, or contest. This information will be used exclusively for the purpose for which you have provided it. Information is disclosed to third parties only where the third party concerned qualifies in whatever way the web site page requires. We will make absolutely clear on the face of the page, any intention to publicise the name of a winner.
4. Affiliate information
This is information given to us in the course of your business and ours as you have applied to join our affiliate scheme. Such information is retained for business use only. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship.
This information is used:
- 4.1 to maintain our accounts and affiliate records;
- 4.2 for billing;
- 4.3 to enable us to answer your enquiries;
- 4.4 for verifying your identity for security purposes;
- 4.5 to send you news about the services to which you have signed up;
- 4.6 to tell you about other of our services.
5. Business information
This is information given to us in the course of your business and ours, such as in relation to your application to partner with us or advertise with us. Such information is retained for business use only. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect you and any partner to reciprocate this policy.
6. Disclosure to Government
and their agencies. We are subject to the law like everyone else. We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
7. Information request
At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by contacting us. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section below.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE NAME||COOKIE DESCRIPTION|
|__utma||Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to monitor traffic levels, search queries and visits to this website.|
|__utmb||Google Analytics stores IP address anonamously on its servers in the US, and neither CIVIC or Google associate your IP address with any personally identifiable information.|
|__utmc||These cookies enable Google to determine whether you are a return visitor to the site, and to track the pages that you visit during your session.|