Organisations face increasing pressure to ensure effective governance, and EMA are able to offer ongoing specialist support in this area.
Our retained service can be tailored to meet individual clients’ particular needs including providing interim support, delivering an annual governance plan of work, supporting new governance employees and giving confidential telephone/email advice.
A typical menu of services could include:
- Annual completion of National Housing Federation compliance checklist and associated Board report
- Annual ‘health check’ update meeting
- Confidential telephone/email advice available all year round (additional legal advice fees may apply)
- Board meeting observation, to include follow-up report and recommendations
- Board skills audit review and follow-up report for Board, with associated update to skills and competency framework
- Board appraisal review, implementation and collective report to Board (appraisal meeting support available at an additional cost)
- Collective Board review ‘away day’ session and report to Board
- Board collective review questionnaire and report to Board
- Board pay and contract review (additional legal advice fees may apply)
- Assistance in sourcing appropriate Board training and development opportunities
- Board member recruitment
- Subscription to relevant EMA briefing
Zoe Wortley, Director of Governance and Strategy Consultancy, EMA